This is a static version on 10th April 2016 of the page originally here.
ABOUT THE CHALLENGE
- When is the race?
The race is on Sunday, 8th May, 2016.
- What is the venue?
Trinity College of Engineering and Research, Kondhwa-Saswad Road, Near Bopdev Ghat, Pune 411048
- Is it a team event?
Yes, it is a team event. You need a team of two people
- What are the categories?
- All Men Below 80 (Two en – Collective age must be below 80 years)
- Mix Below 80 (One man and one woman – Collective age must be below 80 years)
- All Men Above 80 (Two men – Collective age must be above 80 years)
- Mix Above 80 (One man and one woman – Collective age must be above 80 years)
- If we get more than 8 entries of All Girls team, a separate category will be formed. Else, All Girls team will be by default merged into Mix Team of the respective age category.
- Is it a relay race?
Yes, it is a relay race.
- What are the rules?
- You set a target distance that your team will cover in 100 minutes.
- Two runners in the team run for 100 minutes in a relay format one after the other.
- You run in a loop of 1.6 kms.
- Runner A in the team starts the run, completes the loop, hands over the baton to Runner B.
- Runner B now runs the same loop and comes back to hand over the baton to Runner A again.
- This continues for 100 minutes.
- Once 100 minutes are over, the runner on the track stops at or between the check points on the track. The track will have check points every 100 mtrs.
- The team covering the maximum distance and meeting the target, wins!
- Any bonuses, penalties?
Yes, of course!
- No bonus if you meet your set target.
- If you run less than your target, then half of the difference will be deducted from your actual distance covered. For example, if your target was 20 kms and you ran 19 kms, then the difference between the target and the actual distance covered would be 1 kms. Thus, 500 mtrs would be deducted from the actual distance covered and you will get 18.5 kms.
- The above rule applies also in case you cover more than the target. For example, if your target was 20 kms, and you ran 21 kms, then you get 20.5 kms.
- What happens in case of a tie?
In case of a tie where two teams cover the same distance in 100 minutes, the following rules will apply in the same order-
- Team running closest to the target gets a preference.
- Team running the fastest 5th and the 6th lap will get preference.
- How do you count laps?
A runner in the team who completes running the entire lap, reports to the race officials assigned for counting laps.
- What is the registration fee?
Rs. 950/- per team
- What is included in the fee?
- Timing chip for the team
- Finishers medal
- How about prizes?
- Top 3 in each category get awarded.
- Is there parking at the venue?
- When will the bibs be distributed?
On 7th May during 11 am to 1 pm. Bib distribution venue to be announced later.
- What is reporting time on the race day?
5 am to 5.30 am.
- When will the race be flagged off?
At 6.15 am.
Dr Purnendu Nath spends his waking hours focusing on helping individuals and organizations reach their goals, to make the world a better place. He speaks, writes and advises on topics such as finance, investment management, discipline, education, self-improvement, exercise, nutrition, health and fitness, leadership and parenting.